Just a quick message from the Kingston Baseball Association to update you on the status of the season. As we are all experiencing these crazy times, I am happy to report that Baseball is in the early stages of returning this summer.
As Ontario moved into Phase 2, our rep teams have already begun their practices this week with all the social distancing guidelines in place. There is a maximum of 7 players, 2 coaches and 1 safety rep, per practice. Our house league is planning a comeback in the next couple of weeks, beginning with practices and events such as, homerun derby and skills competitions. We will begin preparing the pitchers and catchers and move into game play when Ontario moves to Phase 3. These practices will all have the same safety procedures in place.
We are in the process of lowering all the fees so we know it will be less then our regular fees but will be directly impacted by the length of the season that we are able to get in. We ask that you please register your child over the next couple of days and apply 1 of 2 options. 1. You can either pay using your credit card and once we can determine the length of the season and the adjusted fee level, we can issue a credit for the difference, or 2, you can click “pay offline” and once those fees are determined, we can collect at a later date, via cash or cheque. If you have registered already, you will still be issued a credit when we know the final fee. We will be rostering teams and ordering uniforms on Friday, June 19. we appreciate you complete the registration before then to assist us with the planning process. REGISTER AT: kingstonbaseball.ca/registration/
“Return to Play Guidelines” can be found on our website at https://www.kingstonbaseball.ca/forms/ for you to have a look at. Some of the practices put in place at this point are,
* Players and team staff should not congregate prior to a practice or competition event and should stay in cars until 5 mins before warm-ups for the practice or competition and should avoid other groups that are leaving the prior event.
* Team staff and players should continue social distancing during the team check-in process with the safety representative
* All players, staff, and spectators should practice social distancing of 6 ft. (Spectators on the first base sideline)
* As space is limited, we discourage more than 1 family member attend with your player
* No sharing of water bottles or food of any kind
* No spitting, chewing gum or sunflower seeds
* No sharing of personal helmets
* No sharing of catcher’s gear unless disinfected between personal uses
* Bats and balls to be properly disinfected between personal uses
* As fun as they are, players and staff will refrain from handshakes, high fives, fist/elbow bumps, chest bumps, group celebrations, etc.
* Team seating or sideline areas will be clearly marked, and the safety representative will disinfect all hard surfaces such as benches, gear, and equipment racks.
* Hand Sanitizer and disinfectant will be available
Coaches will be having a virtual meeting, June 25 to prepare their season, they will be given their rosters and schedules for the upcoming weeks. You can expect to hear from your coaches by Sunday, June 28.
Safety of all our player, coaches and families will be the top priority as we hit the field again, See everyone soon!